Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Got Nothin...

Yeah...I got nothin. I mean I'm really trying to keep lighthearted and upbeat but as of late, it just ain't been happening. I think the constant random power outages are finally starting to get to me. My classroom's been powerless for at least a couple hours every day this week. I went to Garapan last night and the whole town was just dark...and hot, it was kinda sad. Add that to the fact that I just got back from a fantastic vacation in Bali AND the recent news that we PSS teachers may be "furloughed" for the month of August, there's just not a whole lot round here to celebrate. I looked up the word "furlough" in the dictionary and the synonyms were: lay off, unpaid leave, and unemployment...see why I'm having trouble smiling?

There was one bright spot I found today, which actually was what instigated me to write this post. I came across, what I considered, an exceptional quote of the day today and thought to my self "self, you have got to share this quote on your blog" and so I am.

Hold Your Head Up Things Are Bound to Get Better, Optimistic Quote of the Day:
I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.
- Mitch Hedberg

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you obviously haven't seen escalators in some of the developing countries... :p :p :p

Unknown said...

Welcome back:)

Beth and Luke said...

Hey, I sent you an email while you were vacationing with an idea for a blog topic....did you get it?? It's RIGHT up your alley!

Anonymous said...

...and with the the price of gas rising faster than my love limb can break water in a tub full of women, our cars still will be cars even on an empty tank. We can roll 'em down hills, push 'em around, and they'd still be cars, cars temporarily push carts.